Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 2 - Day 1 of the rest of my life

Today’s readings:


Matthew 1:18-25

Acts 1:12-26

Psalm 2

Genesis 3, 4


I never realized what happened to Judas after he betrayed Jesus. With the reward he received for handing Jesus over to the government officials, Judas bought a field, in which he died when his body opened up and his intestines fell out. A horrible death for an act I’m sure he regretted. I wonder if Judas repented and was accepted into heaven?

It’s New Year’s Day 2010, exactly 16 years since Lucas Gene Dove was born. My new year’s baby. What a treat it would be if I could give him a hug today on his birthday. I pray Jesus will give him a hug for me.

Today also is my mother-in-law’s birthday. Happy birthday, Kim! I wish I could give you a hug, too.

We had a fabulous day yesterday. I almost got caught up on my books, but more than that, I spent the entire day just goofing with the girls. I love them so much.

Joseph slept late and helped me finish up statements while he planned out his night with his friends. I haven’t heard how it went yet, but he’s home safe, and I am thankful for that. Always scary to have someone you love on the highways on New Year’s Eve.

Rest in peace to my friend Shay, who also lost her life on New Year’s Eve 1988-89. I still miss her. I bet she and Lucas laugh a lot together. Thank you, Lord, for letting me enjoy both of them for the time they were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment