Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 3 - shopping on the menu

Today’s readings:


Matthew 2:1-12

Acts 2:1-21

Psalm 3

Genesis 5-8


How I love the book of Genesis. So much to learn from the beginnings. Every time I read it, I find something new. This phrase struck me this time:

"As long as the earth endures,

seedtime and harvest,

cold and heat,

summer and winter,

day and night

will never cease."

I wonder what “as long as the earth endures” means, and I wonder how much longer the earth can endure.

Jeromy and I always talk about the great oil business and what actually is beneath us. When the oil is harvested, it is replaced with salt water. How much of the earth is filled with salt water, and how long will it hold up?

We each have our own “conspiracy theories” about it, believing the devastating cave-ins on the earth’s surface is really caused from the massive void below it. How can salt water hold up like crude oil? And maybe all those oil wells are not always filled with salt water?

We probably need to just quit thinking about it – or study it more instead of just “theorizing” about it. Ha!

I’m taking the girls shopping today to spend their Old Navy gift cards they received from Grandma Kim for Christmas and also some money they received from Grandma Maxine ($50 each).

Jaynee is about to bust out of all her jeans. She is growing, growing, growing. Her little bootay looks just like mine, and she can’t hide those thunder thighs she inherited from me, either.

Justine, I don’t think, will ever grow. She looks exactly like her paternal grandmother, Ronda. She acts just like me. We’ll see how that goes.

Joseph is working until 1 p.m. and then wanted to go see his girlfriend. Guess he won’t be joining the shopping trip.  And Jeromy will enjoy a day of peace and quiet, I’m sure. I will invite him to go shopping, but I’m sure he won’t take me up on the offer. I usually forbid him to come. He claims to be a good shopper … but that’s only when we go to Lowe’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment