Thursday, March 4, 2010

Headin' to The House

Today I volunteer to answer phones at The House FM and Praise 88 for KLVV’s annual pledge drive in Ponca City. I’m really looking forward to it.

Since we closed up shop, I had to suspend our monthly contribution to the station, which is listener-supported. Volunteering is one way I hope to give back to the radio station that has drawn our entire family closer to God through awesome music we would not have found anywhere around here.

If you’re not familiar with the stations or their annual pledge drive, which is incredible, tune your radio to 89.7 (The House), 88.7 (Praise 88) or if you're within 100 miles of Ponca City log onto http://www.thehousefm.com/ to find a station in your area. If you're in northern or central Oklahoma, more than likely, a station is available to you. If not, you can listen online anywhere, anytime. I'm telling you, this is an awesome ministry, and you won't feel like you're being "preached at" all day long.

It will change your life. I promise. And when it does, please consider sending in a contribution.

"He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." - Psalm 50:23

More tomorrow.

Readings:

Matthew 21:23-32
Romans 1:1-17
Psalm 48
Numbers 1, 2

Matthew 21:33-46
Romans 1:18-32
Psalm 49
Numbers 3, 4

Matthew 22:1-14
Romans 2
Psalm 50
Numbers 5, 6

1 comment:

  1. Great post Korina and I wholeheartedly agree. I found KLVV on the radio early in my faith journey when they were still quite young. Almost feel like I've grown up with them. Their music inspired me; their teaching segments edified and challenged me. I too had to end my monthly donation due to Chuck's lay off, but plan to start back small with my book. I worked there one time during pledge week sorting pledges and filling out info. Very fun!!

    ReplyDelete