Thursday, March 11, 2010

Counting down to mission trip

My one day of volunteering to answer phones at The House has turned into four glorious days of watching God work. I was asked back to the station when the annual pledge drive was held over for a few days. Today will be my last day to volunteer, though, because I must spend tomorrow packing for our youth group mission trip to Arizona. Hopefully, the pledge drive will wrap up today as well. The station is so very close to its goal, and I know God sees the work of the ministry there and will bless The House with faithful supporters.


I may not be able to write much next week, but I will try to post a few pictures and keep everyone updated as to what is happening during our time on the reservation. I am stressing because I’m not ready but excited about leaving just the same.

I’m also stressing about money, bills – the usual, and I’ve been a little stuck in a spiritual rut about it.

God drew my attention this morning to one of my favorite scriptures: “Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” – Romans 5:3

I know my “sufferings” are nothing compared to others’. Although it’s frustrating when bills pile up and money is nowhere to be seen, I am warm, fed and loved. I am trying to keep that in mind – always.

Psalms 53:5, also in my readings this morning, told me: “There they were, overwhelmed with dread, where there was nothing to dread. …”

We always dread more than we have to dread. I try to leave those burdens at the cross, but I keep going back to pick them up!

I ask everyone to pray for us as we head to Arizona. Pray not only for a safe trip but a fulfilling one as well. We want our hearts and minds to be opened in a way we have not felt or seen before. I know we will be changed people when we return.

Readings:

Matthew 22:34-46
Romans 4
Psalm 52
Numbers 9-11

Matthew 23:1-12
Romans 5:1-11
Psalm 53
Numbers 12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment